Student Employment Essentials Training
Foundations for Effective Student Employment Programs
Tracks A & B
These day long sessions provides an overview of key issues relating to the field of student employment. Track A is geared toward those who are new to student employment, while Track B is designed for seasoned administrators.
* Cost of attendance is approximately $189, and includes a binder filled with lots of handouts (there's a lot to cover, so you'll appreciate this), and lunch. Workshops are conducted by student employment professionals trained by NSEA, the National Student Employment Association. Workshops are normally held in conjunction with a state, regional, or national conference. Upcoming workshops are announced on the national studemp and state finaid listservs.
- Review of Fair Labor Standards Act, IRS rules and ADA compliance
- Crucial information on interviewing students for jobs
- Tools for setting up, promoting, reporting and maintaining a successful Job Location and Developement program
- Marketing Techniques to bring in more jobs and more students
- Regulations concerning employing international students
- Tips to help students with their career development
- Department of Education guidelines for Federal Work Study
- Help in setting up a FWS Community Service Program, developing jobs and maintaining employer relations
- Steps for reporting the FWS Community Service requirements, calculating earnings and using program models from other schools